Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1st 2011

Looks like Spring is finally here, it was 6 degrees ABOVE zero this morning. Last week I sent a knife off to an 18th Century reenactor from Georgia. He' reenacting eastern longhunter from the mid 1700's and ordered a knife replicated from Madison Grant's acclaimed book "The Knife in Homespun America". The knife sports a 9 1/4 inch blade, brass bolsters (recycled from the circa 1900 bank in Columbus Montana) and elk horn grips. He called tonite at suppertime and was a little hard to get talking, I finally asked him if he got the knife and did he like it?  He responded that he got the knife yesterday and was speechless, he was very complimentary...evidently he liked the knife.

I have to tell you I am very fortunate to be able to live where I do, do the kind of work that I love and have the kind of clients that are so appreciative of my efforts, when was the last time anyone called Wal Mart and told them how much they liked their products? At least in one way I got to beat Wal Mart today! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment