Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Son

This morning I rise with a light chill in the house. As I stoke the wood stove( in our house that means put some wood in the stove) I remember back 18 years to the day our last child and only son Christian Kelly Ainslie was born. Both George and I were in our mid to  late 30's when I went to him one day and said what do you think about having another child? I remember his tilted look and eyes that said "What"....his concerns were the same as mine so we decided to table it for now. But as time went by I just had this funny feeling that there was some one out there that we needed to meet. The day I approached the topic again of another baby - Yes or No - he turned to me with that tilted look and said " fine with me as long as you think there is only one somebody out there that we need to meet". It was so George, in after thinking on something, decision made, let's move on. We were not set on a boy or girl, but when he was born Dr Olson's exact words were "Oh a little blacksmith". We had a family joke for years that the first year of his life he was never put down. He was very welcomed and loved by us all and still is to this very day.   Off to Billings we go this afternoon to meet up with family to celebrate at Kit's favorite restaurant and enjoy one of his favorite pies (peanut butter cream). I have thought a lot about your dad today , how much he loved you, and know how proud he was of you and excited for your future he was. Have a special day.  Happy Birthday Dear Kit....Love Mom... 

2 comments:

  1. I also remember the day Kit was born pretty clearly! I think it's the first birth I ever "remember" happening. Heather was running across the old gym in Lavina saying something about a new baby, I think baby brother, but cannot remember her exact words. It really was a special day.

    ReplyDelete