Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25 2011 Yellowstone Natinal Park Lantern in progress

Twenty five below zero this morning at 6:45 ! I went down to feed the horses and my brown horses were white with frost! None of them complained about getting extra grain and hay this morning!

Sunshine this afternoon with temperatures hovering just above zero. I ground some mule deer buck trimmings this morning (from my daughter's buck) and mixed jerky spice in with the meat so have been ferrying meat rolled out thin between sheets of plastic wrap to the oven for the initial drying time, and then cut them into strips and move them to the wood stove top to completethe drying process. The house smells great and my dogs are inclined to drool ever so little! I worked up about 12 pounds of meat and so it'll take a couple days toget it all jerked.

I spend about 10 minutes per batch with intial drying time about 1 1/2 hours,  so it doesn't interefere much with my shop work.

I had a client call the other day who went above and beyond the call of duty. He had seen my lanterns in the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park, and crawled around on the until he found my name stamp. Then he looked around on the internet until he found my profile on the Contemporary Longrifle Website.That's where he found my phone number and called to order a lantern for his yard light in Utah. You have to love clients who go to that much trouble! Anyway his lantern is in progress today.

No comments:

Post a Comment